Classes listed on ArtPlantae Today are for the benefit of members of our creative community. Their inclusion is not an endorsement by ArtPlantae LLC. As with anything, please investigate your choices thoroughly. Then get outside and be inspired!
ADVERTISE YOUR CLASSES AND TOURS
List your botanical art workshops, botany classes, book arts classes, botanical art excursions, or sketchbook adventures here for free.
Send workshop information to email@example.com.
Watch for an announcement about your class at ArtPlantae Today!
Margaret Best is an award-winning artist and respected teacher. Her artwork has been shown in many exhibitions about contemporary botanical art and is featured in the book, Today’s Botanical Artists, by Cora Marcus and Libby Kyer. Margaret teaches in Canada, England, Bermuda, Italy, Morocco, Fiji, South Africa and the United States. Her work is held in both public and private collections, including the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew and The Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA. Margaret teaches both watercolor and colored pencil.
- Return airport transfers from Savusavu to Daku Resort.
- 7 nights accommodation at Daku Resort in traditional bures with private facilities
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Workshop fees
- Lectures and excursions as indicated
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Optional activities not listed on the program
- Costs of a personal nature such as laundry, massages, private trips
- Meals taken in transit at the airport
- Calgary – Calgary Zoo
- Halifax – Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia
- Ottawa – Napean Visual Arts Centre, Canadian Museum of Nature
- Toronto – Wychwood Barns, Royal Ontario Museum, Swansea Town Hall, Toronto Botanical Garden, Tornoto District School Board (Learn4Life)
- Vancouver – Emily Carr University of Art & Design
- United States – Virginia Robinson Gardens (Beverly Hills, CA)
Botanical Art Workshop with Margaret Best
September 19-26, 2015
Learn botanical art in the morning and take part in afternoon excursions to experience Fijian culture. This seven-day botanical art holiday will be based at Daku Resort and includes plenty of time for relaxing and painting at your own pace.
Visit local shops, villages and an organic herb garden. Explore Flora Tropica Botanical Gardens, learn about palms and coconuts and experience Fijian culture.
Program Excludes Travel:
$1,700 US (single room)
$1500 US (twin share room)
$830 US (non-painting partner)
Fiji Airways flies directly to Fiji from Los Angeles and Vancouver.
Botanical Artists of Canada
Established in 2001, the Botanical Artists of Canada promotes botanical art through workshops and juried exhibitions. It publishes a quarterly newsletter for members and has created a Members’ Gallery on the Web so that members can share what they do with a global audience. Visit the group’s Events page for information about upcoming workshops and exhibitions. Members teach at various locations, including:
Fleming College is located in Ontario, Canada and offers many learning opportunities for students. They have campuses located in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton, and Cobourg.
Toronto Botanical Garden
A gardening education center offering classes for children and adults. Adult classes include classes in art, beekeeping, floral design, garden design and photography. View course schedule and registration information online.