Wendy Hollender will show you how.
She will also spend the next year supporting you on your journey.
Wendy Hollender is a botanical artist, illustrator, author and instructor. She is the author of Botanical Drawing in Color: A Basic Guide to Mastering Realistic Form and Naturalistic Color and Botanical Drawing: A Beginner’s Guide. She is the co-owner of Botanical Arts Press, LLC and the co-creator of a wildly successful crowdfunding campaign. Wendy has years of experience introducing botanical illustration to new audiences. Now she is ready to help you make nature drawing a habit.
The meditative and relaxing effects of observing and drawing nature have long been known. Making it a part of your life practice, however, has always been a challenge and it seems to get worse with every technological advancement and with every holiday release of a new gadget.
So how can you slow things down a bit?
Consider Wendy’s new subscription program A Year of Botanical Drawing. Announced only two days ago, Wendy’s one-year program provides students with the structure and support to learn botanical illustration, to develop their new skills and to make drawing a life-fulfilling habit. Enrollment is now open. The program begins in January 2016.
When registering for this program, students can choose between two options. For Option One, students receive a printed hard copy lesson with an easel-style binder in the mail each month. This easel-style binder keeps the current lesson propped up while working. For Option Two, students receive their monthly lesson as a PDF document. The only difference between the two options has to do with the format in which students receive their lessons. Other than this, both options include the following:
- Online monthly instructional video
- Mid-month online group meeting with interactive features allowing for group participation and the review of student drawings.
- A private page for students enrolled in the program. This page features the current lesson, instructional video and a place for students to communicate with each other and with Wendy.
- Private image and comment sharing with Wendy.
- Regional student drawing groups (when possible)
- Option to take part in a summer drawing retreat (not included in subscription price)
- Year-end online exhibition of student work.
- Private critique available (not included in subscription price)
- An interview with Wendy Hollender
- “Botanical Drawing in Color” is a comprehensive guide to botanical illustration
This new program has been added to the resource page Classes Near You > Online. Visit this page to view distance learning options in natural science illustration and botanical art.