The University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley invites you to learn more about the world of natural fibers and dyes. From traditional uses to inspired future innovation in eco-fashion and textiles, a walk through our exhibit illuminates the connection of culture with nature.
Upcoming workshops about fibers and dyes:
- Savoring the Seasonal Color Palette of Spring: Slow Food Meets Slow Textiles with Natural Dyeing (more info)
- String from Sticks (more info)
- Colors from Nature (more info)
- Papermaking with Michelle Wilson (more info)
- Drawing Inks with Plant Pigments with Judi Petitte (more info)
- Chemistry of Plant Fibers and Dyes with Margareta Sequin (more info)