The Field Studies Council has announced the details of its 2013 course schedule.
Here is what’s new at Classes Near You > England!
Field Studies Council
Founded in 1943, the Field Studies Council (FSC) provides learning opportunities about the environment for all ages and abilities. Visit their website to learn more about interdisciplinary fieldwork opportunities, classes for individuals and families, publications and profession development courses. Courses are held across the FSC network of UK Centers, from the Scottish Highlands to the south Devon coast. The extensive schedule of classes for 2013 includes:
Botany Courses – Courses include studies of flowers, trees, grasses and grass like plants, ferns, freshwater and wetland plants, lichens, fungi, general plants, mosses and liverworts. View Details/Register
Natural History Courses – Courses include studies of the natural world, birds and other animals, habitats and conservation. View Details/Register
Art Courses – Courses include painting, drawing, crafts (e.g. bookbinding), traditional skills (e.g., basketry), photography, archeology and botanical illustration. Below is a list of botanical illustration classes that will be offered next year. Click on the link below for complete details:
- Botanical Illustration – March 2013
- Botanical Illustration for Beginners – May 2013
- Botanical Illustration Using Colored Pencils – June 2013
- Botanical Illustration and Painting – July 2013
- Botanical Illustration for More Experienced Painters – July 2013
- Illustrating Birds, Bees and Butterflies – July 2013
- Drawing and Painting the Flora at Malham Tarn – August 2013
- An Approach to Botanical Illustration: Drawing and Basic Watercolor Techniques – August 2013
- Botanical Illustration – August 2013
- A Botany Workshop for Artists – August 2013
- The Art of Botanical Illustration – August 2013
- Botanical Illustration for Improvers – August 2013
View all details about FSC botanical illustration courses online.