The annual fall plant sale at the University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley will be held this weekend.
The garden’s native plant sale is also coming up soon. Read more about this annual celebration, the upcoming iPhoneography class, and the last Butterfly Walk of the year below.
University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley
This 34-acre garden was established in 1890 and is now a non-profit research garden and museum. The botanical art classes at UCBG are taught by Lee McCaffree and Catherine Watters. View a detailed schedule and register on the Garden’s website.
- Sick Plant Clinic – First Saturday of Each Month, 9 AM – 12 PM. Free.
No reservations required.
- Monthly Butterfly Walks – Fourth Tuesday of each month (March – October); 3 – 4 PM. Garden volunteer, docent, and caterpillar lady, Sally Levinson, will lead walks through the garden in search of butterflies. Space is limited. Children welcome. Free with admission.
- Garden Strollers – Second Wednesday of Each Month,
11 AM – 11:45 PM. A 45-minute tour of the garden for adults with young children (3 and under). Tour will end on the lawn for play and snacks (bring your own). Children must be in a stroller or carrier during the tour. FREE with garden admission. Meet in front of the Garden Ship. For more information, call (510) 642-7082 or email email@example.com.
- Fall Plant Sale – Sunday, September 30, 2012; 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM. Get a head start at our eagerly anticipated fall sale. We specialize in regionally appropriate, Mediterranean-climate plants including California natives, and plants from South Africa, Australia, the Mediterranean region, and South America. We also have the exotic and unusual. Our wide variety of plant offerings will appeal to everyone. See the UCBG Fall Plant Sale page for more information.
- iPhoneography: Create Great Garden Photos Using an iPhone October 6, 2012; 9:30 – 12:30. Get the photos you want with iPhone photographer, Yoni Mayeri. View Details/Register
- Native Plant Extravaganza – October 7, 2012; 10 AM – 4 PM. Lectures and plant sale. View Details
This information can also be found at Classes Near You > Northern California.