Val Webb of The Illustrated Garden will teach an online lettering class beginning
July 15, 2012. Participants will learn how to create decorated letters using watercolor, Pigma Micron pens, pencils and a brush. Participants will have four months to complete ten projects. Class projects include:
- Three easy methods for making decorative and illuminated initials.
- Surprisingly simple techniques for Celtic knotwork.
- Using “quickhand” techniques to make art journals or notebooks more beautiful.
- Colorful, whimsical letters based on medieval alphabets (how to draw them, how to use them).
- Creative page design that combines lettering and other images.
- Vines and flourishes – watercolor letters inspired by Art Nouveau.
- Guidelines for designing your own unique personal alphabet.
- Combining color, form and attitude to make your letters sing.
Registered participants will receive access to:
- Video demonstrations with step-by-step guidance for each technique.
- A warm-up lettering exercise for each lesson.
- Illustrated instructions (PDF)
- Examples for each lesson, designed to guide and inspire you.
- Personal help when needed and feedback when each lesson is completed.
- Access to a private online discussion forum where you can communicate with other students taking the course and post images if you wish (participation in the forum is optional)
To enroll in this online learning opportunity, you will need a computer, an email account to receive assignments, a way to print warm-up exercises and instruction pages and a way to send completed projects to Val for feedback.
Cost: $50, payable by personal check, money order or through PayPal.
To use PayPal, please contact Val to let her know you want to join the class and she will send you an invoice with a “Pay Now” button.
This information can also be viewed at Classes Near You > Alabama.